Looking for a DMX l-board for small/medium rock/stages

Sinnes

Hey all!

Its a jungle out there! I need to be pointed to the right direction from you pro's out there. I have a setup of 8 LED par64 in the front and 12 LED par64 + 4 moving heads in the back.

I want to be able to program the board so I can use frontlight (2 faders) static dimmed, and the back I wanna use flash/bump in a preprogrammed way (like flash a programmed scene)

Ive checked out them cheap boards that have 12 fixtures to the left and 8 faders/flashbuttons in the mid, and how they are programmed/stored for a chase. Can the flashbuttons be used for

flashin a scene? If so, this function must be able to perform on a bigger board, 24/48ch right (+having some more ch to play with)?

Ive just read/checked videos/manuals on tons of models but I havnt been able to find out..

What boards do you use?

Help :)

Spelling aside, I'm not sure I really understand your question.

Are you trying to program different lighting states onto faders with bump buttons, enabling you to flash between the different looks?

If so, you are looking for a desk with what are called programmable submasters.

Ive checked out them cheap boards that have 12 fixtures to the left and 8 faders/flashbuttons in the mid, and how they are programmed/stored for a chase. Can the flashbuttons be used for

flashin a scene? If so, this function must be able to perform on a bigger board, 24/48ch right (+having some more ch to play with)?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure those cheap board don't have bump buttons – they usually just recall saved scenes. While one might be able to handle your rig, you'll probably be disappointed by your ability to perform live, beyond simply changing to different pre-programmed scenes.

The bigger 24/48 channel boards are usually different again – they probably won't be able to control all those lights because of how many DMX channels they'll require (those smaller board sometimes control up to 192 DMX parameters, just hidden behind buttons – hence why you basically just have to operate them by changing between scenes you painfully programmed in earlier.)

The best, cheap (almost free), solution is probably something like MagicQ software you can run on your PC/Mac, but it starts getting complicated quite quickly…

I hope that kind of helps a little at least – it can be all quite confusing.

Archived