Faulty magnum 1500

D M Xpressions

http://www.hire-lighting.co.uk/Page_GFX/Main_Images/smoke_effects/Fog/martin-magnum-1500.jpg

Dont suppose anyone knows if there is quick repair to these machines if they pump smoke even with the DMX disconnected?

I apply the power and it seems as soon as the heater hits temperature it starts pumping and just keeps going.

Not the best thing on a friday night when its up on the rig :-/

Yes sorry, I meant the mainboard. It could be a problem with the little DMX interface board, or something as simple as an incorrect dipswitch setting making the fog machine run on the same channel as a dimmer that's set to full.

It's not a dip/DMX issue as it does it with the DMX unplugged. I'll unplug the DMX board and see if that stops the symptom. This is the 2nd Martin smoke machine to show the same symptom. Our old ZR33 did the same about 12 months ago. Wondering if there's and under lying issue on the DMX chain killing the boards off :-/

Archived