mu home cinema

trussmonkey

hi guys ,

hope you can help.

I want to run a multicore cable in my home cinema. I would like it to have a couple of sets of component connects, a couple of video/composite connects and maybe one or two others.

I realise that there probably isn't a pre made multi waiting for me to spend my hard earned cash on. so I am prepared to make one. heres where you come in.

does any one know where I can buy suitable multicore that will do the job and is there a downloadable data sheet to tell me how to wire/solder it up.

hope you can help

Would fully featured SCART do you? Maplin sell it by the metre if my memory serves... It is a bit of a cow to terminate, but relatively cheap.

If not, try the Canford web site/catalogue, or perhaps "Composite Video", but don't know if they .www

Hi

Try some Extron stuff distributed in this country by RGB Communications ( www.rgbcomms.co.uk ), contact Gordon Innocent.

It's top quality gear and probably a similiar price to the Van Damme products from VDC who are equally nice to deal with but just I'm giving you another option.

Kind regards,

Martin

Canford do Multicore cable exactly as you discribe

http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/resources/catimages/thumb/C110/C11068.jpg

It has 6 video cores, 2 audio cores and 2 data cores.

Data Sheet It is designed to be terminated in a SCART plug but you can terminate it in whatever you like.

James

Archived