leatherman spares

WolvesAndi

Hello All,

Got a leatherman wave, I've know lost the large reversible screwdriver bit, and the very small one. Does anyone know somewhere that sells spares? I've found the extended bit sets but not like for like replacements.

Thanks in advance

Andi

I'm not sure about spares, but when I busted mine, I sent it to the main UK agents and their service was absolutely brilliant; so I would start there (if you haven't already).

http://www.leatherman.co.uk/about/contact

Another shoutout here for Whitby & co, their service is awesome. I foolishly lent my Leatherman to someone who broke two of the screwdriver blades by misuse. I was going away on a job from Monday to Thursday so packed it into a jiffy bag and sent it off to Whitby. When I returned home on the Thursday my Leatherman was waiting for me all repaired and they upgraded the serrated blade with the latest model, the whole thing was like new! Not only was this quick, but it was also free of charge. Can't praise them enough, I'd never buy any other make of utility knife!

I was inspired by this thread to get my Gerber multitool repaired as I have managed to break 2 of the screwdriver bits...

well the moral of the story is, don't buy Gerber, buy Leatherman. Gerber do not appear to have heard of the notion of after-sales service. I eventually got to the UK distributor Silva and having got past their automated answers which didn't relate to my questions, they are not interested unless it's a warranty swap and have no facilities for repair or spares. Very disappointing.

I was inspired by this thread to get my Gerber multitool repaired as I have managed to break 2 of the screwdriver bits...

well the moral of the story is, don't buy Gerber, buy Leatherman. Gerber do not appear to have heard of the notion of after-sales service. I eventually got to the UK distributor Silva and having got past their automated answers which didn't relate to my questions, they are not interested unless it's a warranty swap and have no facilities for repair or spares. Very disappointing.

They will, however, sharpen the blade back to factory standard for about £15.

Local crew managed to break the scissors on my Charge (trying to cut up a carpet - divott's) so I've emailed the nice chaps at Leatherman to see what the score is with getting it fixed. The links to the Pliers seem to be rusting too.... Hopefully they can sort it out for me... Will keep y'all updated!

Cheers

Smiffy

well the moral of the story is, don't buy Gerber, buy Leatherman. Gerber do not appear to have heard of the notion of after-sales service.

Really? My Gerber was bought for me in the US as a gift so I didn't have the receipt. After speaking to a real person on the phone, Silva swapped it for a new one after the scissors snapped. I'm surprised they didn't offer to swap yours for you.

well the moral of the story is, don't buy Gerber, buy Leatherman. Gerber do not appear to have heard of the notion of after-sales service.

Really? My Gerber was bought for me in the US as a gift so I didn't have the receipt. After speaking to a real person on the phone, Silva swapped it for a new one after the scissors snapped. I'm surprised they didn't offer to swap yours for you.

Ah well I went for the email approach - maybe a personal phone call would have better results...

Ah well I went for the email approach - maybe a personal phone call would have better results...

I had a completely different result. My gerber was snapped in two by an idiot trying to use it as a lever. One email later and I had a returns address. 5 or 6 days later I had a brand new Gerber sitting on my desk.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a completely different result. My gerber was snapped in two by an idiot trying to use it as a lever. One email later and I had a returns address. 5 or 6 days later I had a brand new Gerber sitting on my desk.

+1 for Gerber. Called them up and had the whole thing replaced for free

Brilliant!

Archived