Shure PGX2 SM57/SM58/SM86

dtwood

I am looking at buying some Shure PGX wireless mic systems, and was wondering if the SM57/SM58/SM86 capsules are compatible with the PGX2 transmitters for a different capsule design, and whether the wired and wireless capsules are interchangeable, so we can use some existing SM57 microphones with the new wireless transmitters.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with the PGX, or any Shure wireless mics, and what they think of them

I seem to have got a little confused with what microphones we have, and what we'd get. I though we'd get some wireless SM57s, and then swap those with existing SM58 capsules, as we don't have much need for new SM58s, but it's not possible to get wireless SM57s.

I'm aware of the frequency switch, I was planning to buy for channel 38, which is currently available in my area indoors, but no currently outdoors.

Archived