K links

andy_s

this is certainly a question for Chris Higgs, but I thought I would ask it in open forum in case anyone else is interested - - -

We're looking for a UK supplier of K links, or a european product doing a similar job. Any ideas?

Ta,

Andy

(edited for spelling ....duh)

this is certainly a question for Chris Higgs, but I thought I would ask it in open forum in case anyone else is interested - - -

We're looking for a UK supplier of K links, or a european product doing a similar job. Any ideas?

Ta,

Andy

(edited for spelling ....duh)

looked into this a few months ago, emailed the company in america and they have no uk distributer but were happy to sell to me direct, cost was about the same per link as a equivalent sized spanset from a uk suplier, so we decided to just buy a number of different size ordinary spansets instead

a number of uk rigging suppliers tried to warn me off k links, this could just be because they don't stock them, in fact Chris is about the only person so far to say anything good about them

Thanks everyone, we'd emailed the company already to the same effect - just wondered whether there was a "backdoor" way.

The thing I liked was that the whole thing is rated - as far as I'm aware, if you loop spansets together, you have to de-rate the assembly. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick about this characteristic of k links?

Have you thought about Stac Chain which I belive PCM or Tomcat sell. Similar idea only made of chain rated to 4.7tonne or at least the bit I am looking at.

Doug

Have you thought about Stac Chain which I belive PCM or Tomcat sell. Similar idea only made of chain rated to 4.7tonne or at least the bit I am looking at.

Doug

Thanks - I'll have a look

Andy

I am quite sure Steve Kendall at K Link Rigging / Rigstar will sell you some.

When I used them, there wasn't this interweb thingy.

I think K Links are great, as I do STAC.

Phil Broad at Star Rigging used to have a distributor agreement. Try him?

Bear in mind neither product has a CE mark (to my knowledge) and technically 'long link' chain for lifting is not 'legal' in the UK or EC. (We're working on that one.)

I am also bound to say that Steve is very vigorous in the pursuit of people infringing his patent on K Links. Several UK companies have tried that.....

Archived