WMV or AVI dvd quality

We filmed our production a couple of weeks ago, and I have just finished editing the first draft or the first half, and want to run a copy off for proof watching by someone else, Ive seen it so many times now I see what I think it should be not what it is.

The production was filmed in SD 4:3, on some high end consumer cameras, all edited in DV.

now to get it to DVD I would just render to DV and whack it through the DVD authoring software, but I dont want to waste a disc (or time) doing this, I just want to stick it on a memory stick.

any reccomendations for bitrate/resolutions (was thinking 720x480, bitrate of 4Mbit/s)

second bit to this, as I dont have one, is can a TV with a usb slot cope with this quality of video through its ports??)

My Samsung doesn't care too much - and when I rendered some files at the US frame size, I didn't even know for months until I played the dvd on somebody elses TV and a black band top and bottom appeared. My Samsung just stretches it - and distorts circles.

Archived