Adobe Premiere 6.5

Matt

hi,

I have adobe premiere 6.5 loaded onto my pc, and I need to chop up and re-edit a film I have on my computer for a gig we are planning.

the only drawback is the file is a .avi file and adobe refuses to load it.

what I was wondering if there is some sort of patch fix to solve this or am I stymied?

Matt.

hi

although it may have a .ave extshion it dose not mean anything. it most likely is encoded as mpeg witch not much will edit unless its mpeg with full I-Frames. which I'm guessing not since adobe wont eat it

henny

hi,

I have adobe premiere 6.5 loaded onto my pc, and I need to chop up and re-edit a film I have on my computer for a gig we are planning.

the only drawback is the file is a .avi file and adobe refuses to load it.

what I was wondering if there is some sort of patch fix to solve this or am I stymied?

Matt.

error message is "Unable to open that file. Files uses an unsupported compressionn format." then gives the files path. note this happens every time I try to load any .avi file and that error message is what leads me to believe there is a patch fix or something...

and yes, the files does play on this machine, it play on every machine I have tried it on.

oh yes and I have tried loading it on a different machine with 6.5 on (not from my cd) and it comes up with the same error

Matt,

The poblem is that Premiere doesn't support that compression format. :)

Unfortunatly you need more software, try importing it into after effects and rendering it into a format that Premiere can understand (If all else fails native DV normally works).

After Effects isn't that expensive and is very useful.

James

Archived