Lighting Calculator for iPhone

I know there are lots of beam calculators out there, however I believe this app has a slight edge, The info below should explain it all:

Lighting Calculator combines several useful calculations that lighting designers and technicians use on a day to day basis.

Calculations include:

Beam Angle Calculator:

• Required Lens - Provide the distance and desired beam size and the app will tell you what size lens you'l need.

• Beam Diameter - Provide the distance and lens angle and the app will tell you how big a pool of light you'll have.

•Throw Distance - Provide the beam size and lens angle and the app will tell you how far a throw is required.

Gobo Projection Calculator:

• Image Size - Provide the app with the gobo image size and throw distance, select the lantern your using and it will provide the projected image size.

• Gobo Size -Provide your desired projected Image size and throw distance, select the lantern your going to use and it will provide you with the gobo image size you need. - Handy when designing your gobo's!

All measurements are available in Metric and Imperial, and more lanterns will be added regularly. In time a database covering over 500 lamps both conventional and moving lights will be added for easy selection and reference.

There's also a small web-page, this can be found here: http://www.aderrington.co.uk/Lighting/Lighting_Calculator.html

And itunes link is: http://itunes.apple....d444335307?mt=8

And just as an update to Lighting Handbook, I'm just finishing off version 1.6, this has a few small improvements, some graphical, some system tweaks, some new features like I.P ratings guide, Torch function, Auto library update...

I'm also working on Version 2, This is a complete rewrite of the app, however this then allow me to introduce much needed and requested features such as searching, and favourites. This will also be a universal app so iPad users will finally be able to use the app full screen!

And...... I'm currently porting the app to android! This could take a little while, but I'm hoping to release it at the same time as version 2 (hopefully around or before september). More details will follow.

Archived