LS9 recording not stopped recovery

MidlandsAudio

Hi all, basically im after knowing whether it is possible to recover a recording from a USB stick which was made on the LS9 and not stopped due to the power being pulled. I've had a search on this and getting mixed impressions. Some people are saying this is possible, and some are not... Any one got any further info??

I think that unfortunately your recording may be lost. Generally most digital desks (much like normal computers) dont like having their power pulled while their working and have an unfortunate tendancy to forget what they were doing once powered up afterwards. You may be (very) lucky, however I think unless you managed to stop the recording prior to the power being pulled the LS9 will have deleted it.

Do get back to us if you find out differently though!

Kind Regards,

Adam

I do not know about LS9 in particular, but if the file has been partially written to the USB stick and nothing else has used the USB stick since, you may be able to recover the file with a bit of hard work and knowledge of how the FAT filesystem works. It may have been cached in the console and not written to the stick at all, in which case you're stuffed.

Utility programs such as Hexedit allow you to view the actual data storage sectors on the disk, and see things which do not show up in Windows. Find the root directory sector and see if the file header is still there.

Its gone..................

The last info to be written when you stop the recording is the toc, without the file markers the file doesnot exist.

no drive recovery software will retrive the recording.

bummer

Archived