Compact powered sub

BjørnH

Hi! I've just sold a pair of RCF 905as subs and need to buy a couple new subs. I felt the RCF was quite ok, but it needed some EQ to sound to my taste.My tops at the moment are 2 FBT Promaxx14a, and at full tilt, I felt the RCF subs had problems keeping the volume.I therefor need some advice from other users on the subject "compact powered sub".Should I stay within the FBT family(never listened to them) or should give the QSC KW181, JBL PRX 618xlf or the RCF 8003 a try? The problem is I will not be able to listen to all of them, since there are no music stores in my area.Please chime in with recomandations from real world users.Thanks in advance. :)

I thought the EVs were discontinued!? Can't find them on their web site.

My fault,thought you meant the 750. Found it amongst the sx series speakers. Could be the solution, but it doesn't seem to put out much below 60hz, and I'm concerned about the price.

I have a pair of SBa760s at work and they're good, not gut wrenching twin 18s obviously but controlled, tight and musical.

I haven't checked their specs but haven't felt a lack of subbass, again they're never going to be twin 18s, they only have a single 15 in a compact box!

I'm not expecting double 18" performence, but my next purchase should be a step in the right direction,which means a tight but deep subbass more like the Nexo LS 1200 I used to have a couple of years ago. Ok,I admit I shouldn't have sold the Nexo rigg, but ###### happens.

I'm sure the JBL would be fine, though it's not as compact I would like it to be. I,ve already ordred a pair

of FBT Promaxx 15 subs, since I got the matching FBT tops. I've owned FBT speakers for almost 10 years now,(Maxx4a)and I must say both the sound quality and reliability are the best you can expect for the money.

Archived