Maxi-Wing extra universes

MarSpain

I will have to run a show with 6 full universes with a Maxi-wing.

I have a USB-2 DMX chamsys interface. Can I add it to my maxi-wing to get those extra 2 universes I need?

How I configurate it? View DMX, out type- chamsys usb , out Uni- Mod 2 Port 1 & 2. Is that all???

I am running the maxi-wing with a hp nettbook dedicated, with an ELO touchscreen and also with a pc extra-wing.

You guys think it will be ok for a show with 6 universes full of gear??

I had run it for smaller shows and never had a problem so I think it can manage 6 universes with no problem but not sure.

Thanks

The blurb says

Connect DMX universes to MagicQ PC, MagicQ Mac and MagicQ consoles with MagicQ Two Universe DMX512 Interface. Connects via USB and provides two independent DMX512 interfaces. The two uninverses are patchable to any of the 18 Universes available in the MagicQ software.

Don't forget the DMX outs from the maxi wing are just addressed by the software, so the USB2 will give you your 6.

Thank you!!! That is what I thought but I wasn´t sure.

Everything is so easy with Chamsys ;)

So... my set up will be ok to run 6 universes??

Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it works!

Also. I had never use this interface before and I am gonna test it tomorrow. I just conected to my laptop and it says that it can´t install the software. There is and specific software or driver for this? no, right. Just I have to connect it and configure on the chamsys software, right?

Thanks

The same driver handles both the MaxiWing and the 2 universe interface, so just use that one thats in the install folder, assuming you're on Windows that is.

Thanks. I will check it out tomorrow. The only thing is that I am gonna check it with a netbook that has the driver installed, but if I connect the maxi-wing doesn´t detect it.

Anyway, I will check the DMX out with some fixtures tomorrow to be sure my interface is working.

Thank you

Archived