Need Help - Please!!!!!

mrnitelite

Hi,

Was wondering if there is anyone who could give me some guidance in relation to a problem I am encountering with our reserve mixer. We usually use a Carlsbro Eclipse Powered mixing desk, but for smaller jobs we use a KAM Pro DJ mixer.

It is has 4 channels. 1,3 & 4 work with no problems - when the slider is up there is sound, when the slider is down there isn't (even with the master slider set at a high level).

It is channel 2 that I have the problem - with the amp attached when I move the slider up all I get is a high pitched tone coming out - On the monitor it reads that it is the right side? I have tried disconnecting the channel completely but I still get this screech. Even with the volume on the channel right down you can still hear the very faint screech.

I now am really confused with this. Could it be the slider that is faulty and is causing this continuous high pitched tone? I have tried playing music through the channel but just get a mixture of distorted sound & screech????

Please can somebody save me from this????

Many thanks!

It could be that your mixer is faulty. If there is no input, the gain of the chanel is turned down and there is still a screech with the fader up then I would say the chanel strip is faulty.

Where are you based? Is there anyone local to you that you trust with electronics knowlege that can have a look at it?

James

Archived