RCF ART 722s versus Nexo PS10 R2

whiffin1

Ok - after plenty of research, my new system rests between 2 options.

OPTION 1

2 x Nexo PS 10 R2

1 x Nexo LS600 sub

2 x Lab 2000c Amps (second hand)

1 x Nexo PS Controller

OPTION 2

2 x RCF ART 722a

2 x RCF ART 905AS subs

(I know there's QSC, Yamaha, Turbosound and they all have their merits, but for various reasons I have settled on these two options)

We're a 7 piece function band playing pubs and hotels between 50 and 200 capacity. The system must be a one man lift. I was using a pair of RCF TT22as and TTS18s which are phenominal, but the subs are not quite a one man lift.

The nexo is a fair bit more expensive, even after some decent quotes and buying second hand amplification. However it is lighter, even with the amp rack. The snob in me fancies owning some Nexo, but honestly I haven't heard it yet. It's also a wooden box system, whilst the RCF is plastic box. I can spend £250 on hiring a PS10 R2 system for a weekend to test, but I'd need to find somewhere to hire the RCF system to compare against.

Has anybody tried these two systems - what do you think?

Dave

The bottom end from the Nexo will be utterly disappointing, especially with only the one box. The clarity from the tops however would be outstanding, but you will also be relying on second hand amplification.

I have nothing negative to say about the RCF system. It does what it does, which in your case is tick all the boxes.

The bottom end from the Nexo will be utterly disappointing, especially with only the one box. The clarity from the tops however would be outstanding, but you will also be relying on second hand amplification.

I have nothing negative to say about the RCF system. It does what it does, which in your case is tick all the boxes.

Thanks for the advice.

Was hoping the new LS600 sub which puts out an amazing 138db peak might be good enough to use on it's own. But specs aren't everything.

Having used both I'd say I prefer the Nexo system. As for the earlier comment regarding the 'lacking bottom end' from the LS600, I think that the poster might be speaking about the LS500 which went with the original PS10 which was indeed a bit lacking.

The new LS600 is a LOUD sub, I do use them in pairs, but for live use I'd say the LS600 would be plenty, only on heavily compressed dance music do you really need 2 or more subs.

Cheers ChazHZ. What amp was driving the PS10 system? The NX4X1 seems the obvious choice, but seems to be shorter on power than I expected. Only seems to push around 600 watts in to each PS10 @ 8ohms. Whereas they take up to 1250 watts each.

Cheers ChazHZ. What amp was driving the PS10 system? The NX4X1 seems the obvious choice, but seems to be shorter on power than I expected. Only seems to push around 600 watts in to each PS10 @ 8ohms. Whereas they take up to 1250 watts each.

I'm using Crown Macrotechs for my system, you might want to use the NX4x4 amp if you want some real guts.

Archived