Mitsubishi CEP3 Fan failed

ace

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has a mitsubishi digital projector mounted in a nightclub where it is sealed in a mounting box to keep the air clear from smoke etc. The two fans mounted in the top of the unit have failed, and I am trying to source the replacement parts. However I am struggling to find the manual or any further details on the unit. It claims to be a 'Model CEP3'. Does anyone recognise this model, or know where I may be able to get a parts list from?

Many Thanks,

Most smoke boxes are supplied by a third party company on behalf of the manufacturer

- Do the fans have 2 or 3 wires on them - 2 wire ones you can buy off the shelf at Farnel /Rs etc - if its has 3 wires then this is more tricky as they have a current sensor - basically detects the fan speed etc and you maybe wise to buy the correct ones here and would normally put up an error code

Mitsubishi projector technical are based in Hatfield London

Gerry

Most smoke boxes are supplied by a third party company on behalf of the manufacturer

- Do the fans have 2 or 3 wires on them - 2 wire ones you can buy off the shelf at Farnel /Rs etc - if its has 3 wires then this is more tricky as they have a current sensor - basically detects the fan speed etc and you maybe wise to buy the correct ones here and would normally put up an error code

Mitsubishi projector technical are based in Hatfield London

Gerry

3 wire fans have red as positive voltage, black as negative voltage and yellow which is a pulse every revolution, not a cutrrent sensor. Correct me if im wrong. there are 4 wire fans too, but off the to of my head theyre only used as CPU fans on PC's. measure the size of the fans and a standard fan of that size are likely a good replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

3-wire PC fans use a tacho pulse, however many OEM fans use the third wire for either tacho, alarm, healthy, or analogue speed output and can either be NPN or PNP output (switching to either +V or -V).

The last projector I had to re-fan (poss HP?) used 3-wire fans that didn't conform to any off the shelf standard, and HP wouldnt supply them. I had to get standard 3-wire ones (albeit high-powered) and modify the input circuitry so they satisfied the sensing.

Fan sensing is almost always used in LCD projectors in one way or another because they are a potential fire or melting risk if a fan fails with all that plastic around and delicate stuff.

Archived