Comms Cable Pinout

apearson

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to get some 6pin comms system and will need the associated cable.

I have found the Granite (Stonewood/Metro) do the complete system, but find that their pricing on cables way to expensive. And I have seen on the Canford site that they do 6pin cables with the pinout of the following:

Pin 1: Earth/screen

Pin 2: +24V DC

Pin 3: Audio, circuit 1

Pin 4: Audio, circuit 2

Pin 5: Audio, circuit 3

Pin 6: Audio, circuit 4

So what I would like to know is whether the cable Granite sell is compatiable with the Canford cables. Or the pinout for the Granite Cables.

Any help would much be appreciated. Thanks

Just in case you are not aware: there are two types of six pin XLRs and they are not mechanically interchangeable.

As I found out when I tried to use Telex cables with Clearcom beltpacks...

No, Canford Tecpro and Stonewood dual channel systems both use the same 6pin XLRs but they have different wiring.

Stonewood wiring:

Pin 1: ch1 Earth/screen

Pin 2: ch1 +24V DC

Pin 3: ch1 Audio

Pin 4: ch2 Earth/screen

Pin 5: ch2 +24V DC

Pin 6: ch2 Audio

I suspect the Canford cable is 5 or 6 core with overall screen. You would probably get away with using this for the Stonewood system. But the correct cable would be 2 channel twin and screen multi (ie. two mic cables in one).

Some of the Canford cables I have come across only have the first 4 pins wired (for 2 channels). These won't work with the Stonewood system.

Archived