Magic q and mac 250 issue

peza2010

Running a show with a laptop and a chamsys pc wing, mac 250's patched and working. Positions are fine (pan and tilt embossed are fine) colours are all good as are gobos. But I cannot for the life of me find the prism attributes for them. I'm sure they usually come under magenta or yellow (can't remember which, but I cannot access these options) I can however assign fx (a ramp for example, to the prism and this works) but I just want to be able to select the prism and can't seem to do it.

The mac 250's are in mode 4

Thanks

Sounds like your .hed file might be damaged then.

I've just fired up MagicQ here (Mac250, not +, Krypton or Entour; mode 4) and prism is encoder D on Beam Page 1 (along with Shutter [A], Focus [C], Rotate [F] and Gobo [X])

Go into Patch, use "Choose Head" to select the Mac 250, then choose "Edit Head" - selecting "View Chans" should allow you to see which (if any) encoder is mapped to the prism.

For future reference, on systems running v1.4.9.0 or earlier the prism is normally on beam page 1 encoder D. From v1.4.9.1 onwards we have made some significant changes to the personality library including the gradual introduction of 'real-world' values into the personalities and as part of this the prism has moved onto bean page 2 to be with the rotate attribute for the prism.

Matt

Archived