Best legs for build a central stage

vitty67

I saw the leg in steeldeck but I dont like this I give you some example.

I found this in Celine dion's world tour..

You can click for see the image

what type of leg you think that the production use???

I found this in Celine dion's world tour..

You can click for see the image

Is the stage in your photo definitely touring with the production? If so, I would guess it's probably Tait.

It looks to me like its actually the 'house' stage in whatever arena they happen to be playing though. If so my guess is that it might be Sico "Roll'n'Set" - its good stuff but nobody in their right mind would take it on tour - too bulky, too heavy.

I see the roll n set and it's ok I I'll give you another picture more clearly why I believe that we have not got enough

http://www.sceneethique.com/files/IMAGES/CELINE/TAKING_CHANCES_CELINE_TOUR_STAGE_IN_SEDF_STUDIO_op_720x540.jpg

another question do you think for an under-the stage and make better use of roll'n stage or another type of material ?? Then can you suggest me a engine for stage lift....

Thanks...

• 5 weeks later...

Steeldeck!

There is nothing good about Steeldeck.

....Er... not accurate or constructive. Steeldeck is very good at what it does. A 4 leg 8 x 4 is a 7.5kN/m2 deck (with a certified 1.5 safety factor on top of that!) which is nnecessary for a lot of uses (a Rep stage should have a 7.5kN/m2 floor loading, whereas it is only smaller theatres and studios that have 5kN/m2 stages. Opera Houses have the full 10kN.m2) the 6 legger easily achieves the 10kN/m2 (with the safety factor on top)....

.... and of course rails have to be compliant - not only in their 'gaps' but in their strength (up to 3kN/m at 1100mm above floor level) - a rate that not even Steeldeck can take without modification - but they can take the 1.5kN/m rails - without the trusses buckling under the torsional loads - which I suspect the aluminium decks can't.

So don't knock it just because it doesn't suit your particular purpose - an entire sub-industry has been built on it!

All the best,

Giles

Steeldeck!

There is nothing good about Steeldeck.

....Er... not accurate or constructive. Steeldeck is very good at what it does. A 4 leg 8 x 4 is a 7.5kN/m2 deck (with a certified 1.5 safety factor on top of that!) which is nnecessary for a lot of uses (a Rep stage should have a 7.5kN/m2 floor loading, whereas it is only smaller theatres and studios that have 5kN/m2 stages. Opera Houses have the full 10kN.m2) the 6 legger easily achieves the 10kN/m2 (with the safety factor on top)....

.... and of course rails have to be compliant - not only in their 'gaps' but in their strength (up to 3kN/m at 1100mm above floor level) - a rate that not even Steeldeck can take without modification - but they can take the 1.5kN/m rails - without the trusses buckling under the torsional loads - which I suspect the aluminium decks can't.

So don't knock it just because it doesn't suit your particular purpose - an entire sub-industry has been built on it!

All the best,

Giles

Sorry you took me a bit over-seriously didn't you.

That said, when doing stages now, I seldom see Steeldeck, most people just opt for a Layher structure instead, there are companies selling kit to modify standard Layher scaffold for staging use.

Archived