Just finished packing up... YAWN

lonfire

hi,

thanks guys for the various bits of input over the last few months on various things.. thought I'd put up a picture of the carol service I did today.. the camera washed out the colours though which is a bit of a shame.. and the projector image is really sharp.. its just the camera being crapy ;-)

Carol Service

Its a fairly big picture so I've put it in as a link instead..

any comments, thoughts, ideas?.?.?.?

also what you can't see is a nother piece of trussing on a windup stand at the back with two profiles on projecting gobos onto the walls.. and another parcan to light my sound desk/lights/laptops/vision mixers.. ;-)

thanks

rgds

chris

hi,

nice! we are in the process of looking into buying a warehouse for doing our services and events in.. which will be cool as we can leave all the kit up.. our carol service was minimal lighting and more set.. quite fancy doing some bands stuff like battle of the bands or something where I can get all the fun lights out ;-)

rgds

chris

The church I'm involved in is out growing the building we're in and can't do work to it because it's too old. So we've taken to doing them monthly in The Centaur at Cheltenham Race course. We start monthly from Feb, with a 10:30 service which will mean a silly O'Clock get in....Joy deep joy.

9?? you get a lie in!! ;)

Our church has two services, one at 9:30 and one at 11:15, which means that, although we're in our own building I/we have to get there at 8:20 to get all the stuff up and ready for the musicians arrival for a quick final rehearsal at 8:30!

All good fun though!

Chris

Just finished our 2 carol services (one contemporary, the other traditional) with our brand new setup which has gobbled up too many late nights up a ladder for me over the last few weeks!

Still waiting for 2 MultiDim dimmer packs, so limited to running off a single 6 channel BetaPack, but a joy to work with and lots of complementary comments.

6 x DTS 650W fresnels

8 x Eurolite ML64 MultiPars

12 x 150W cheapo garden floods

Zero88 Betapack

Right now a simple Anytronics 6 channel manual desk

0.5 KM various twin & earth cable laboriously installed!

Actually, the garden floods were one of the best results - and only added at the last minute. Our 150 year old trad church building has houselights controlled by about 12 switches so previously dimming the house lights resulted in a series of clicks as the lights went out in sections. Less than £40 from Screwfix bought us the 12 floods run off a single channel to provide subtly dimmable house lights - superb!

hi,

thanks guys for the various bits of input over the last few months on various things.. thought I'd put up a picture of the carol service I did today..  the camera washed out the colours though which is a bit of a shame.. and the projector image is really sharp.. its just the camera being crapy ;-)

Carol Service

Its a fairly big picture so I've put it in as a link instead..

any comments, thoughts, ideas?.?.?.?

also what you can't see is a nother piece of trussing on a windup stand at the back with two profiles on projecting gobos onto the walls.. and another parcan to light my sound desk/lights/laptops/vision mixers.. ;-)

thanks

rgds

chris

Out of interest did those Parcans have safety chains or are they just really small. The ones I've always used are fairly long and visible, can you get smaller ones which just wrap around the bar?

hi,

yeah the par64's have saftey wires that are fixed around the bracket of the lantern so you can't take them off.. and the 2x56s in the middle have old chain style safteys on them.. I think I went around the bar twice so there was nothing hanging down..

rgds

chris

Archived