Evolution Headphone EH2200 - General Purpose

SceneMaster

Hi,

Evolution Headphone EH2200 - General Purpose £49.99

Link to Maplin Page

Just wondered if these headphones are a decent buy for there price. I want them as my own personal headphones for my use only. I plan to use them for several different purposes, as my show monitor pair (from sound desk), sampler pair, CD player and hi-fi system. The most demanding of use being the sound desk monitor pair. I just checking to see if they suit this requirement for the price range. They are Sennheiser Evolutions which should make them decent and they are mid-range expensive (I can’t really afford anymore). Does anyone here own a pair and could give me some more details on them like how comfortable they are and what jack size they are (do they come with an adaptor like some do now)?

Thanks in advanced for any help :) ,

I have a pair of these which I use for show use - I particularly like the fact I can grab one ear and spin it round to hold to my ear - very useful when PFLing radio mics to check for signal during a show. They are quite flimsy though and although mine have lasted a year and a half I expect they won't tolerate anything but gentle use.

Mine had a 3.5mm jack and an adaptor to 6.35mm

For hi-fi use I prefer my HD-480s (I'm not a big fan of heavy headphones so for me these area good compromise).

The removable lead I don’t quite understand… is this just the cast that the headphones have a jack input socket on them and the lead plugs into this? If so will the lead be easily pulled out form the headphones accidentally during normal operation/use? I am very careful with my equipment so I imagine that flimsiness of the headphone will not be too much of an issue.

I know this is a bit of a stupid question to ask about the Evolution series but do they produce good quality sound for live event monitoring (and hi-fi use although if it will do for live sound then this should be fine)? Everything I heard about them tends to suggest they do.

Finally should the headphones come with a jack adaptor to 6†from 3.5†if packed in original sennheiser packaging?

IanG do you find them comfortable for live sound (even though this is in part a matter of opinion)?

Thanks,

The removable lead I don’t quite understand… is this just the cast that the headphones have a jack input socket on them and the lead plugs into this?

Yeah - there is a 2.5mm jack on the headphones. The only time it's ever come out for me is when I've stood on the cable and wanted it to come out to avoid nasty swingy headphone accidents.

I know this is a bit of a stupid question to ask about the Evolution series but do they produce good quality sound for live event monitoring (and hi-fi use although if it will do for live sound then this should be fine)? Everything I heard about them tends to suggest they do.

They sound fine to me.

Finally should the headphones come with a jack adaptor to 6†from 3.5†if packed in original sennheiser packaging?

Mine did.

IanG do you find them comfortable for live sound (even though this is in part a matter of opinion)?

Yep - I quite like them - although headphones for live sound tend to end up sitting on top of the board for most of the shows and only get used for brief intervals to check PFL or monitor mixes from time to time.

Archived