A1 plan printing.

Had some projects recently where I've needed to get some A1 colour CAD plans printed.

However as it was a bit last minute I ended up using a local print shop @ £20 a print. <_<.

So ideally I'm looking for slightly cheaper options for next time. Unfortunately I don't really need these often enough at moment to justify getting my own plotter.

Google brought up a few sites that seem to offer this service for a reasonable price with fast turnaround but before I part with cash does anyone have experience with these kind of services and/or particular recommendations?

Or is getting quotes from more local printers likely a better option? (though this is only one-offs or small batches so not much room for bargaining). The colour is only for colour coding/text so full-colour prints are not really required.

Any advice on this much appreciated.

Do you have any contacts with local school/collages?

I work in a school but when I need a poster or anything for personal use I just make a contribution to our display department to use their A1 colour inkjet.

Just taken a look at our price list in the office for our local reprographics company. A single A1 colour CAD plot is £21.05. As a department we spend about £3-4K a year with this company and that gets us about 20% discount from list prices. For a single copy such as this I would get the print there and then, the plus side to this is if the print is not quite right, or the crop is wrong, or the colours are wrong I can have it corrected straight away, I can get a free copy on cheap paper as proof and a cup of coffee before committing the job to an expensive vellum or vinyl. With an on-line service, you get what comes in the post and have to hope it's right.

I know it doesn't help you that much, but at least you only paid the going rate at the local copy shop, and helped to keep your local high street open that little bit longer.

I've used LMS Printing before for A0 b/w plans-they were very reasonably priced and have a very quick turnaround. Even including P&P, they were cheaper than using the university plotter.

I can only presume that their colour service is just as good.

Archived