Stage wash lighting suggestions

obi wan kenobi

Wouldnt want to use flood, you be doing a stage AND auditorium wash with those.

You want Frensels/PC or Pars, their was a post where a Mod (I think Brian or Bryson) did where they explained the used of many different fixtures.

If I were you, I'd go fora Fresnel wash, If you want to buy new I would suggest the Selecon Arena, or if you looking at lower wattage Selecon Acclaim.

J

If I were you, I'd go fora Fresnel wash, If you want to buy new I would suggest the Selecon Arena, or if you looking at lower wattage Selecon Acclaim.

Or, in fact, the Rama, which is the 1.2kw version and a very, very nice fresnel! The Arenas are 2kw so possibly a bit beefy for your average theatre use...

there was a post where a Mod (I think Brian or Bryson) explained the use of many different fixtures.

I think you may mean my post here.

Indeed, fresnels are normally used as non-moving wash lights as they give a nice even coverage to the stage area and can be barndoored off to the front of the stage to avoid lighting the audience. However, if you're lighting bands you may prefer to use Parcans instead as they handle deep colours better and are more "in-you-face" than a fresnel. The trouble is, it's harder to focus a bunch of pars into an even wash and you'll normally need more of them to do a nice even spread.

HTH.

Archived