Par 64 reflectors

ddproduction

Hi All,

I have a handful of par64 cans (t37 bulbs) and all but one of the reflectors are smooth (as in these) - but one of them is sort of pitted (not sure of the technical term here!). Does anyone know any suppliers of these 'pitted' variations and what keywords I should be searching for? :)

Hi All,

I have a handful of par64 cans (t37 bulbs) and all but one of the reflectors are smooth (as in these) - but one of them is sort of pitted (not sure of the technical term here!). Does anyone know any suppliers of these 'pitted' variations and what keywords I should be searching for? :)

I believe the term you want is 'Raylight reflectors'. We had some at the school I used to go to. Absolutely rubbish in terms of quality of light output I thought! (Although maybe we had the wrong lamps?!)

Could you replace them with 'proper' parcan lamps? (CP61/62/63)

Ian

Could you replace them with 'proper' parcan lamps? (CP61/62/63)

Think you probably mean CP60/61/62/95... a CP63 is not a PAR lamp! (/pedant)

Sorry, of course that's what I meant!

A 'proper' PAR lamp will be a lot more resilient to being dropped than whatever you're putting in your raylight reflector at the moment. Something like a CP88 will give you a wide-angle beam at 500w, so roughly equivalent power-wise to the raylight lamp. You should be able to get these from any stage lighting shop. A CP62 will give you the same beam angle at 1000w.

Archived