ETC Element "Move when dark"?

Genus

Hello all,

I'm doing a show next week with an Element. I have a quick question which I'm sure someone here knows the answer to.

With regard to scrollers. Will the desk move the scroller into the desired frame whilst the fixture is dark (in a cue before the intensity comes up)?

Does that make sense? (Struggling with my words today..)

Genus

Hello all,

I'm doing a show next week with an Element. I have a quick question which I'm sure someone here knows the answer to.

With regard to scrollers. Will the desk move the scroller into the desired frame whilst the fixture is dark (in a cue before the intensity comes up)?

Does that make sense? (Struggling with my words today..)

Genus

I believe that provided you have the scrollers patched as an attribute channel, not an intensity channel,, and have AutoMark enabled, they will move while dark. AutoMark is the ETC equivalent of Strand's AutoMoveWhileDark function (but it's a bit cleverer!).

Yes it will.

However, for it to do this it's got to know which dimmer each scroller is attached to.

The Dimmer and the Scroller must be patched to the same desk channel - usually one as Part 1 and the other as Part 2.

- You can keep stacking parts if (eg) you put a gobo module into the fixture as well.

The console assume you want AutoMark for everything unless you specifically tell it not to - there's a softkey to turn AutoMark Off for specific cues for those times you want a live move.

I've just done a show using an Ion - which runs the same software as the element but I didn't use Auto Mark. I used another way of doing it. Which is you go to the cue where the channels are live, select the channels, click the "Mark" softkey and then do "Earliest". This will then find the earliest point it can move while dark.

Hope that makes sense!

Archived