#53 on VL1000

maeterlinck

Hi all,

I'm relighting a show soon that uses a load of Rosco 53. The theatre I'm going to has a fixed rig of VL 1000 with either arc or tungsten source. Has anyone has any experience of creating #53 on them and how close is it to a regular tungsten fixture with it in?

The desk available is ETC EOS so I imagine I'll uses what it thinks for the CYM or by eye, or hopefully with some suggestions here...

Thanks,

Hi all,

I'm relighting a show soon that uses a load of Rosco 53. The theatre I'm going to has a fixed rig of VL 1000 with either arc or tungsten source. Has anyone has any experience of creating #53 on them and how close is it to a regular tungsten fixture with it in?

The desk available is ETC EOS so I imagine I'll uses what it thinks for the CYM or by eye, or hopefully with some suggestions here...

Thanks,

The EOS range have a built in gel/colour picker, so providing they have developed a colour profile for the VL1k (I would imagine they have) you can simply select the fixture and pick the colour from the gel list :)

Joe

We have a couple of VL-1000 AS in our rig, and the few times I have tried the colorpicker (in our Congo) the results has been far away from the intended gel color.

If you have tungsten units, why not try to use the color frame of the VL?

Do you get a squiggle over the colour ball when you select the fixture? If you don't then a colour profile hasn't been done for that fixture and so picking gels off the gel picker will likely give incorrect results.

I have used the gel picker with some mac 700s on the ion and on some pixelline led's on a congo and found it to be a fairly close match.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up of matching Rosco 53 on VL1000's, the colour mixing on these units is particularly rubbish. (More so with the tungsten version) The way the lamp is peaked can also give vast differences between units in terms of desired colour mixing. I've always found that when trying to mix lighter shades at low levels you end up with a gap in the middle of the beam that's a pain to get rid of. If your only using Rosco 53 then maybe the colour runners on the front of the unit may be a good excuse to stick a colour frame in!

HTH

Oli

Archived