Petzl Top Harness Connector

hgale

Aye Up!

Quick question:

The petzl top harness connector with fixed bar (or for that matter the connector for the navaho - between top straps and the sit part)

Can it be purchased as a spare part/separately, can't find any info on the petzl site.

Surely it can't be only 'sold' with the harnesses?

Would very much like the genuine petzl part with the fixed bar...

Cheers

HGale

Hi dunk

Thanks for replying. It's the captive bar connector that I'm after yep.

I also couldn't see it on petzl's website, was just wondering if anyone knew if petzl ones could be obtained.

I've seen the Foin ones and will get one of them if they can't.

HGale

Hi dunk

Thanks for replying. It's the captive bar connector that I'm after yep.

I also couldn't see it on petzl's website, was just wondering if anyone knew if petzl ones could be obtained.

I've seen the Foin ones and will get one of them if they can't.

HGale

It is unlikely that you'll find these petzl connectors available as a spare part due in large to the fact that they are not a user serviceable part, if the original has been damaged then the harness or the Top would need to be returned to a petzl authorised service/repair agent. On the other hand if your using it without a harness then the foin 4247B Fixed bar connector is your best bet.

Hi

It would be used for a harness yes.

Disappointing to hear it's not a user-serviceable part!

Is there any technical reason why the foin carabiner could not be used to do the same job?

It looks ideal as a replacement.

HGale

I presume you mean from the top section of the harness?

The captive bar is failed under checks, along with the connector itself. so I would probably destroy it fully to remove it.

I am aware there are carabiners that exist where you can add the captive bar afterwards.

I don't understand what you mean about the stitching sorry.

By stitching I was imagining you would either have to break the stitching or the captive bar to install a new connector. However since your saying the bar has been damaged previously I would suggest you have the harness inspected.

The reason for having the captive bar is to stop accidental side loading on the connector during use, obviously with this missing the harness no longer conforms to the manufacturers specification. Likewise if you were to swap the connector for the foin version - yes it may be perfectly viable and perform just the same, but it won't be up to manufacturer spec and would therfore void any guarantee.

Archived