db Technologies Arena

johnny2step

Hi all,

I run a mobile disco for weddings, in Bournemouth. I currently use a pair of CerwinVega Intense 15" tops and 18" Subs.

I’m looking for an upgrade and seriously considering the db technologies arena stuff. I’m not yet decided if 12" or 15" tops are best but I’m definitely after 18" subs.

I was wondering if any of you guys out there have heard them or have any advice about the db tech stuff?

I'd obviously like to hear them, but my nearest distributor is London - this is most likely my next step.

I’m not too worried about amps at the moment as ill get that sorted once I’m set on the right cabs.

Any advice greatly received!

Thanks John

I'd obviously like to hear them, but my nearest distributor is London - this is most likely my next step.

Absolute Music (in Poole) are dB Technologies dealers. No Arena stuff on their website, but they've got stuff in for me to listen to in the past.

Hi,

We use a set of normal db tech arenas for our cover band. We have 12 tops and 15 bottoms. The set is quite good as long as you have an active crossover on the go.

As a general rule I wouldn't go higher than a 12" top if subs are used. 15" tops are more often used for full range reproduction for PAs this small.

Could maybe look at the pro series or maybe a second hand nexo system? I'm sure somebody was selling a PS8 system quite recently on here.

Archived