If you're looking to buy some Par 64s...

Just Some Bloke

For anyone who is looking to get some value-for-money Par cans, just a heads up that CPC are currently doing them at £11 (+VAT) using code DP3005906 (limited time only).

I bought 2 to see what they were like and they arrived today: I was most impresed. Good quality can, good thick piece of HO5 coming from the ceramic, electrics nicely protected by a grid on the back, easy to open to change the lamp, nicely coated with a good matt black (chrome also available on a different code) and I got a good solid earth from the yoke when PAT testing them.

Obviously, you don't get a lamp or a plug, but a gel frame is supplied separately at no extra cost.

For me, they are well worth the £11. I've had worse before that's cost me more. Don't buy the lamps from them, though, as you'll get them cheaper elsewhere.

BTW I have nothing whatsoever to do with CPC and have been as disappointed with some of their products in the past as I am pleased with these! On the whole a thumbs up, though. :)

Had some 56s from the same manufacturer of them 2 weeks ago. Changing/inserting the lamp is not straightforward as the nut and bolt that hold the safety cable to the housing is too long and needs to be removed to do this. Other then that they seem good value for money. The GU10 16s are great too.

Had some 56s from the same manufacturer of them 2 weeks ago. Changing/inserting the lamp is not straightforward as the nut and bolt that hold the safety cable to the housing is too long and needs to be removed to do this. Other then that they seem good value for money. The GU10 16s are great too.

I didn't have a problem instering a lamp on the 64s.

Archived