Filter on LED pars

mattw

Has anyone used or can you recommend what may be suitable to put in front of LED fixtures to lessen the pixilated effect you get with them? I have been looking at LEE filters but have never used any of there products before so don't know what they are like, maybe this would be suitable. Obviously LED effects aren't that powerful so I want as little light blocked out as possible, just need to take the edge off the pixilation.

Cheers,

Matt.

I have been using L# 250, blends everything on my cans very nicely, and also softens the beam for Up lighting, so there is a smoother transition between fixtures.

Although It might cut a bit to much light for your liking.

many years ago I had a little to do with the Beauty and the Beast fit up at the Dominion - and they brought in loads of stuff from the US - series wired 115V PAR 64s were common - but they also brought in boxes of plastic lunch bags - which they used for softening the follow spots! I've never thought of the backing paper on gel - but what a great idea!

The backing paper for gel rolls works nicely too, more for eye candy effects than lighting things up though.

What a fantastic idea!! Im gonna try that for a dance show coming up with all my LED PAR side light and batterns :)

(Its just the 'eye candy' sidelight though! the real work is being done by Source 4's and Par64's!)

Tracing paper might be another good one to try! . . . .

I was recommended the backing paper from sheets of filter by someone at work the other week, and I'm very tempted to try it on the prouction I'm lighting this coming week. If anyone gets there before me, please do tell what the results are :)

I was recommended the backing paper from sheets of filter by someone at work the other week, and I'm very tempted to try it on the prouction I'm lighting this coming week. If anyone gets there before me, please do tell what the results are :)

I've used Rosco #132 to even out the beam to good effect. Its not too heavy and doesn't cut out too much light.

Archived