BSS AR113 and LD Systems LDI 02

dwright2104

Hi,

I noticed on that LD Systems are making a DI box which looks rather identical to the BSS AR113 DI box. Some differences can be found, but I'd love to know how they both sound? Has anyone herd both of them before, if so what is your thought on them?

Cheers.

If it is the same unit as the Studiospares branded one then I would say it's an excellent bit of kit for the price. It can't output at as high a level as the BSS unit, but considering it is nearly five times cheaper that doesn't really bother me for what we use them for. There is very little difference in audio, with the Studiospares box actually seeming to have a slightly cleaner output when compared on SIM. I wouldn't say it is any less reliable than the BSS and if it does fail you just retire it and buy a replacement, as it isn't worth the time spent investigating the fault.

Iv worked in atleast two venues with both the bss and LD.

there doesn't seem to be a significant difference in reliability.

In terms of audio quality I'll defer to Phill's SIM data, as Iv never had the LD sound bad enough that you think about it (ie hissing that you get on some other ones at this price point)

Archived