3 phase truss motor control box

splodge360

Ive got 4x 1 tonne 3 phase chain hoists motors and a big control box for lifting all 4 motors up or down at the same time etc

piccy of 4 way box

What Im looking to buy or make up is a simple 5pin 3 phase 32a, through a hand held control box, to a single 4 pin 32a motor feed, to operate single motors, on Line array towers.

Does any one make this, or have a wiring diagram for relays etc?

Thanks, Roger B

• 3 weeks later...
thats the sort of thing im looking for, but I belive that only works for motors with a low power external direction control, for loadstars etc that have external direction control. the verlinds have a sprung plate clutch brake system that just needs reversing of the input mains phase to change the direction, therefore not an industry standard.

but I belive that only works for motors with a low power external direction control

Did you look at the links? You're mistaken about that.

The Stage Electrics link doesn't seem to work any more (no surprise I guess, it was a "special offer"), but both clearly said they were applicable for direct-control motors.

("Direct control" is the phrase you're looking for, by the way, I just googled for "direct control pickle" and this is the first hit: clicky.)

The springs/plates/clutch/brake/whatever in a Verlinde (though you don't mention what model, I'm guessing you mean the venerable 104) are irrelevant here. Its simply a property of a three phase motor that if the phase rotation is reversed the motor runs the other way. LV controlled Lodestars do it too (unless they're fitted with a "smart phasing device" to prevent it).

Archived