bypassing clean filter problem

Impact Pete

Projector is a Hitachi CP-X1250/1200

Basically the filter Is cleaned regularly and does not have anything in it, I want to know if there is a way of bypassing the warning that is displayed, it comes on during use and you cannot do anything about it. It is becoming a pain as it looks really unprofessional.

Please help

If you've followed the instructions for cleaning the filter correctly there's a step for resetting the "clean filter" flag on the projector, I don't have the manual to hand at the moment but this will tell you how to do this.

David.

If you've followed the instructions for cleaning the filter correctly there's a step for resetting the "clean filter" flag on the projector, I don't have the manual to hand at the moment but this will tell you how to do this.

David.

Do it everytime it does not work within 10 hours of use it comes back

We've got one of these at our church, if I remember correctly it has some kind of optical sensor on the filter door to detect dirt. If this gets dirty itself then it keeps saying the filter is blocked. Have a look inside the filter panel and see if you can identify it.

you go into the service menu and under filter timer you can choose 100, 200 500 hrs etc. there may be an option for off, but id not advise it as the filter DOES need cleaning every so often.

however ive got 4 of these and one allways flashes up the warning on startup ,which does go away after 30 secs, but the 2 warrning lights flash red constantly. the timer has been reset hundreds of times to no avail and the units been "repaired" several times until the warranty expired. It works perfectly and totally reliably but its unrentable as it basically wrongly says "im about to break" as soon as you turn it on, which freaks out the user so its probably the most underused projector in our stock.

the sensor just detects if the cover is shut or not , the warning is the projector counting to X hours after the last reset and doesnt detect if the filter needs actual cleaning.

You may well be in the same boat with a projector with a glitch thats seemingly not repairable. but doesnt actually make any practical difference to operation.

you go into the service menu and under filter timer you can choose 100, 200 500 hrs etc. there may be an option for off, but id not advise it as the filter DOES need cleaning every so often.

however ive got 4 of these and one allways flashes up the warning on startup ,which does go away after 30 secs, but the 2 warrning lights flash red constantly. the timer has been reset hundreds of times to no avail and the units been "repaired" several times until the warranty expired. It works perfectly and totally reliably but its unrentable as it basically wrongly says "im about to break" as soon as you turn it on, which freaks out the user so its probably the most underused projector in our stock.

the sensor just detects if the cover is shut or not , the warning is the projector counting to X hours after the last reset and doesnt detect if the filter needs actual cleaning.

You may well be in the same boat with a projector with a glitch thats seemingly not repairable. but doesnt actually make any practical difference to operation.

Sounds exactly the same as ours, bit of a pain when it pops up half an hour into use in front of 300 people!

Hi I double checked this but in the service section there are no options like that all you can do is reset (0) the filter timer

I don't know that particular projector, but we had a Hitachi one that was playing up a couple of years ago. I was sent an email by the supplier that I've just turned up which gives the access path into the engineers service menu and implies that it works for all Hitachi projectors.

1. Press the [MENU] & [RESET] buttons and then press and hold the [RESET] button again for at least 5 seconds.

2. The Service Menu will be displayed.

3. To exit, turn the Projector Off.

It may not work, or may not give you anything you haven't already seen, but I reckon its worth a punt. Do remember that service menu's are generally hidden as changing the wrong settings can screw the whole device up so if you decide to use it, its at your risk.

Archived