Backing track or piano score?

Jenna281093

Wondered if you might be able to help me on this one...

Last october an Amateur Theatre Company I was working with produced the new version of half a sixpence in which there we 9 new songs written by Warner Brown I'm sure some of you have heard it or of it but one of the new 9 songs was a song call 'What should I Feel' but can also be called 'My Heart's Out There'

In the show it was sung by Arthur Kipps the leading male but I just wondered whther anybody had a score or recording of this piece or knew where I could get one?

And I don't think the amateur company has any copies so no suggestions of that thanks :P

Thanks

Jen :)

thirty seconds on google gives this information:

"By Arrangement with Warner/ Chappell Music Ltd. Administered by Boosey & Hawkes. ..."

Yer I've already looked it up on google and made enquiries to boosey and hhawkes but they say they can't help. I was wondering if some1 may have done the show recently and have a copy of the score.

But Thanks...

I'm very surprised that the publishers can't provide a copy of the score, though of course they would expect to be paid for it. Often of course, they don't actually sell the score, but simply hire it to the producing company for the duration of the run, and all copies are supposed to be returned at the end of the run.

In that case the only thing I would suggest if there is no further response from the Blue Room is that you contact directly the societies that have recently done the show. You will have seen them listed in google when you found the reference to Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.

But maybe someone on BR is a member of one of those societies ... good luck :)

I'm very surprised that the publishers can't provide a copy of the score, though of course they would expect to be paid for it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

you contact directly the societies that have recently done the show.

Though if they have any sense when some stranger contacts them and asks them if they made and kept copies, even though they were not supposed to, they will say no.

Try a local music shop, I know Scheerers in leeds have access to a database, and can provide any sheet music from it, around £2.50 for a single peice, they tell me if its avaliable, they can get it through this, if its not in the database, its not avaliable for sale.

I have had similar problems with publishers, they dont seem interested in small change stuff.

We are doing it in Guiseley in a few weeks time, if its any use.

Archived