Shure UHF-R+ with Wireless Workbech Software

AV Doug

Hi All,

I'm using the new Shure UHF-R+ UR4D receivers with the wireless workbench software, I've managed to get a single receiver talking directly to my laptop thru a network cable, and also multiple recievers thru a network switch but when I try to do this wirelessly the software finds no receivers. Everything seems to be set up right based on my primitave knowledge of networks, i.e. the laptop is connected to the network fine, and the receivers are registered on the network as well...

First of all does anyone know if its possible to connect wirelessly and if so any points / tips for getting connected??

Any help muchly appreciated!

First of all does anyone know if its possible to connect wirelessly and if so any points / tips for getting connected??

It is possible and quite handy to connect wirelessly.

My guess would be that your IP addresses are set incorrectly.

Is what you are calling a network switch also your wireless router or are they 2 separate units?

This could be quite tricky to talk you through a solution.

PM me when you have the units in front of you and I'll try and help over the phone if you want.

Cheers,

Peter

Is what you are calling a network switch also your wireless router or are they 2 separate units?

Hi Peter,

I have tried it with a pure network switch, and through a wireless router. With the switch it works right away, and if I connect through through the wireless router using network cables it all works fine. Its only when I try using the wireless part of the router I have a problem. When logging into the router (wirelessly) I can see all of the units communicating ok.

The router does have a firewall on it as well which may be causing issues....?

I'll re-check the IP addresses and firewall settings next week when I get the chance and let you know.

Cheers

Are you putting all the connections on the lan side of the router? If you use the WAN port the firewall will almost certainly block the packets.

I am connecting the receivers into the LAN ports on the back of the router, then when I wirelessly connect in I have the issue. So firewall??

If you're only using the lan ports then the wireless should behave exactly same as a network cable. I'd guess you've got some problems in your wireless configuration.

Try pinging the receivers from the computer over the wireless connection. This will verify whether you have a valid route between them.

Right, news for this morning. I've restarted everything again, been through all the settings all units were within the same IP range, the firewall was turned off (basically) then finally pinged the receivers from my laptop while I was connected wirelessly and voila.

Opened the workbench software and all runs fine.

Restarted the system again to make sure but all is connecting instantly with no probs!

Thanks to Peter F and J Pearce for the input, I had almost given up on the possibility of this idea.

Cheers B-)

Archived