Set for 'Our House' musical wanted.

oliviasangster

Looking for a full set made for 'our house' or a set that could be used for the show but was designed for another.

We are putting on 'our house' the first weekend of july 2011 an desperately need a set!

Hope there's someone out there who can help me,

Many thanks,

olivia :rolleyes:

What rough sizes are you looking for in terms of set pieces? Obviously it could vary from anything from 2ft height to 40ft high.. so some more specific details of the venue/stage etc would be useful! I know of a local am-dram company who have the set, but might not be the right size!

Hello!

The venue details: 17mtrs wing to wing, 6 mtrs deep, 6mtrs high.

I hope this is relatively the right dimensions for the am dram set, If so your a hero!

Many thanks again,

olivia

What rough sizes are you looking for in terms of set pieces? Obviously it could vary from anything from 2ft height to 40ft high.. so some more specific details of the venue/stage etc would be useful! I know of a local am-dram company who have the set, but might not be the right size!

Thanks very much, we've tried them unfortunately, but to no avail, the director had no luck with communication etc!

Olivia

Scenic prjojects have the set available to hire but you will need a fair size budget for it.

Our House Set

BrassNeck theatre company from Leeds built their own set for this.

4 sliding house flats to build "Casey Street". A riser upstage of these has house fronts and a big set of sliding doors that the car will fit through.

There are then 4 big revolving flats with doors in each (actually, the downstage 2 fully revolve, the upstage 2 have doors that spin inside their frames.

The back wall has a hidden door in it for Joe's split.

The riser ends up being quite high - 7ft at least, and you'd probably have to provide your own steeldeck and legs for that, but the rest of it is theirs and available for hire.

They also have the dog hat and clown's hat used in "Embarassment" - I know, I made them!

The whole set is covered in plastic moulded bricks, so it looks really good and lights well with proper brick shadows.

I'd upload pics, but can't get to photobucket from work!

http://www.brassnecktheatre.com/index.html

The new website isn't finished yet, but there's a contact email at the bottom.

Nice looking set all told. They also have a contact for the car and MAY be able to sort you out with the video content too.

Be prepared for a very difficult show! Very much worth it though.

+1 for Scenic.

I know you said you had problems with them but, they are really good and their set is fantastic. If you can get set from another company for low price/free then even better! But Scenic's is definitely worth it - even if they are a bit pricey for Am Dram.

Just another comment to say we have had very positive experiences with Scenic Projects. I appreciate you may have had trouble with getting through to them but it would be worth continuing trying to get in touch, as they have exactly what you're looking for and they aren't that far from you.

Ok, now I'm not at work and the internet filter isn't a problem, here are some quite grainy pics from the dress rehearsal;

Here can be seen the set in "Good Joe" mode. You can see the textured bricks on the back in the blue light. You can also just see the Casey Street flats stowed in out (tiny) wings. The middle 2 sections with windows below the riser are actually sliding doors behind which the car lives (and many other props!). Both black doors open into under the riser - we used these a lot in Pressman's office.

http://i513.photobuc...1_2013778_n.jpg

This one shows the set in a bit more colour. The LED washes of the flats haven't come out very well. We had a far nicer wash than that im sure!

http://i513.photobuc...1_5728938_n.jpg

This shows Casey Street fully out (all 4 flats). We also used the inner 2 on their own for then Joe's house burnt down. The people in the upstairs indows are standing on the riser seen upstage in the first 2 pics. Joe's also not on his mark, hence the big shadow on his leg!

http://i513.photobuc...1_2259635_n.jpg

Final pic shows the end of act 1. Notice 2 of the doors are now black (good Joe and bad Joe in the same scene). The "bridge" infront of the riser extends up from behind the kick board (which also is where we hid the blinders for Joe's split. You can just see the gauze panels in it. The section of bridge ropelight that looks to be out is actually where Joe's laid his jacket over the rail. The scaff round the pross arch probably wouldn't be included in the hire.

http://i513.photobuc...70_240204_n.jpg

Sorry for the grainy pictures, the're not mine!

I hope this doesn't constitute advertising. I stand to make no gain out of it, it's just a local society I rig lighting for who I know have a set!

The set looks perfect, just what we're looking for! Shall I contact brassneck or you for full plans and quote?

Thanks very much, your a star!:D

Olivia

Ok, now I'm not at work and the internet filter isn't a problem, here are some quite grainy pics from the dress rehearsal;

Here can be seen the set in "Good Joe" mode. You can see the textured bricks on the back in the blue light. You can also just see the Casey Street flats stowed in out (tiny) wings. The middle 2 sections with windows below the riser are actually sliding doors behind which the car lives (and many other props!). Both black doors open into under the riser - we used these a lot in Pressman's office.

http://i513.photobuc...1_2013778_n.jpg

This one shows the set in a bit more colour. The LED washes of the flats haven't come out very well. We had a far nicer wash than that im sure!

http://i513.photobuc...1_5728938_n.jpg

This shows Casey Street fully out (all 4 flats). We also used the inner 2 on their own for then Joe's house burnt down. The people in the upstairs indows are standing on the riser seen upstage in the first 2 pics. Joe's also not on his mark, hence the big shadow on his leg!

http://i513.photobuc...1_2259635_n.jpg

Final pic shows the end of act 1. Notice 2 of the doors are now black (good Joe and bad Joe in the same scene). The "bridge" infront of the riser extends up from behind the kick board (which also is where we hid the blinders for Joe's split. You can just see the gauze panels in it. The section of bridge ropelight that looks to be out is actually where Joe's laid his jacket over the rail. The scaff round the pross arch probably wouldn't be included in the hire.

http://i513.photobuc...70_240204_n.jpg

Sorry for the grainy pictures, the're not mine!

I hope this doesn't constitute advertising. I stand to make no gain out of it, it's just a local society I rig lighting for who I know have a set!

You may as well go straight to Brassneck for it. I'm not a member of the society, I work for their lighting designer. That said it's still quite a close relationship hence why I get asked to build things like exploding hats for them.

The set hasn't been out on hire yet so it may take them a little while to work out pricing and the like, and unlike somewhere like scenic projects it may need some tweaking to fit in your venue (the rotating flats for instance are designed to be clamped to the scaff grid at our venue (no flys). You'd also need to provide heavy track for the Casey Street flats to run on, and the steeldeck for the riser.

Any problems with that email, let me know and I'll try and get a number for you.

Chris

You may as well go straight to Brassneck for it. I'm not a member of the society, I work for their lighting designer. That said it's still quite a close relationship hence why I get asked to build things like exploding hats for them.

The set hasn't been out on hire yet so it may take them a little while to work out pricing and the like, and unlike somewhere like scenic projects it may need some tweaking to fit in your venue (the rotating flats for instance are designed to be clamped to the scaff grid at our venue (no flys). You'd also need to provide heavy track for the Casey Street flats to run on, and the steeldeck for the riser.

Any problems with that email, let me know and I'll try and get a number for you.

Chris

Hi Guys

We did it back in december last year.

We have a car with projection, market stalls. and a gondola for hire.

we are in northamptonshire.

Dave

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm currently hunting for a set for our production of Our House scheduled for March 2014.

Just wondered who now has the Brassneck set if it still exists and whether it is available for hire or not these days.

Cheers

JM

Hi Joe

Whilst the scenery side of Brassneck isn't my area, I think I'm right in saying it's just been sold. It needed some repair work after a number of previous hires so I think it was sold "as is" for a reduced amount. Contacting Brassneck via the website link above (or in my signature) might yield some answers on where it went. Hopefully the new owners will have made the necessary repairs and will be willing to hire it.

Archived