Celebrity Mastermind 2010

Smiffy

Hi guys, just watching celebrity mastermind (ep 2 if it matters) and I was wondering if anyone knew what movers were backlighting the chair when it was unoccupied.

Just asking as the dimmer curve looked a bit drastic in the early stages of dimming up, and so wanted to make a mental note to self as I might be tempted to avoid them in future if I needed a smooth fade.

Cheers

Smiffy

Hi guys, just watching celebrity mastermind (ep 2 if it matters) and I was wondering if anyone knew what movers were backlighting the chair when it was unoccupied.

Just asking as the dimmer curve looked a bit drastic in the early stages of dimming up, and so wanted to make a mental note to self as I might be tempted to avoid them in future if I needed a smooth fade.

Cheers

Smiffy

;) I also saw said programme,and I agree the dimmer curve did seem very dodgy.I had a feeling there was a thread posted previously which said what fixtures were used.Hope this helps,happy new year Roy

Thanks Roy.

I did a couple of quick searches and nothing came up ;)

It could just be that the fixture was in need of a bit of TLC or it was a slightly jumpy manual fade from the operator, but it would certainly worth be bearing in mind that the curve could be a bit sloppy at the bottom end (oo-er) if for no other reason than to arrange a shoot out on occasions where some of us might need something a touch more subtle.

Cheers

Smiffy

I also found myself watching this on the last couple of days (presumably both recorded on tha same day) and noticed that the backlight on the 3rd chair from audience left was at a lower intensity than the others and maybe it was an older lamp, but didn't mention this to anyone as it would make me sound ridiculously :nerd: geeky :nerd: .

I also (whilst at the wrinklies' for Christmas) found myself watching the boxing day concert from the RAH and wondered if anyone else watching had noticed that one of the conductor's music stand lamps had blown: 25w BC anyone? :ph34r:

Sorry: I am capable of a normal conversation, too, I promise! ;)

Hi Smiffy,

May be out of date info, but I have a Mastermind showfile as I have done some work in ITV Manchester where some of them (if not all) where filmed. From memory, the majority of fixtures where Mac 2ks and Mac 500s. The showfile I have wasn't the celebrity one, but I think that its the same LD and format.

I can PM you an exact fixture list from the showfile I have if you want, I can also tell you which series it was from.

Hope this helps?

Well a Mac 500 or even a 2K would make sense. After a certain age they get a bit sluggish ;)

Cheers

Smiffy

Just watching Ep3 and now of the opinion that it should be renamed 'Minor Celebrity Mastermind' I have no idea who any of these people are....

;)

Well a Mac 500 or even a 2K would make sense. After a certain age they get a bit sluggish :nerd:

Cheers

Smiffy

Just watching Ep3 and now of the opinion that it should be renamed 'Minor Celebrity Mastermind' I have no idea who any of these people are....

:ph34r: And the dimming seemed even worse.Is this a case of a R.I.P Mac?I only knew who three of them were and dont think I would have necessarily classed them as celebs!

:D
Well a Mac 500 or even a 2K would make sense. After a certain age they get a bit sluggish :)

Cheers

Smiffy

:** laughs out loud **: And the dimming seemed even worse.Is this a case of a R.I.P Mac?I only knew who three of them were and dont think I would have necessarily classed them as celebs!

:P Well just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it does.We've gone from poor dimming to just irising the fixture down and then blacking out.As for the celebs,down to only two known.

Well, I'm not watching it but I had a look at the BBC website to see who was on it - surely you must've heard of David Threlfall? He's an actor with loads of telly and theatre to his name (perhaps most famously the role of Frank Gallagher in 'Shameless').

And Hatty Hayridge is definitely NOT the 'proper' Holly, Andrew! Norman Lovett is the only proper one :D.

Might be worth pointing out that the BBC has its own dimmer curve. When I worked for LSI Projects we actually got ADB to make this curve part of the firmware due to the number of ADB dimmers we sold to the BBC.

I honestly cannot remember what this curve looked like but it could explain why the movers looked so different any generics. I should also point out that I didn't see Mastermind so haven't actually seen the offending dimming operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry its taken me a while... But I can finally post you a fixture list from a showfile I have dated May 09. I doubt much changed...

23x Mac 500 M4

18x VL1000 Shutter

12x Channel LTP (ropelights)

8 x Channel

5 x Mac 550 Entended

2 x Mac 2k Performance

2 x Mac 2k Profile

2 x Smoke machine w/fan

1 x RGB custom profile

This was all the showfile had patched. It did show me that Mac 700s and some stagebars had been added. The 700s and stagebars were either never patched, or patched and deleted in a past/future show.

Hope this helped.

Archived