3D Blu Ray Playback in 3D Stereo for projection

petertilling

Hello all,

I am looking into a 3D job where we will use two three chip DLP's with polarisers onto a 16' screen for 3D projection. When I have done this before the media has come pre-prepared loaded onto a media server with two outs and the two images are played back simultaneously. Easy.

For this job I am getting the media on Blu Ray 3D. I know very little about blu ray 3D, but I need to find a way to get a stereo image out of it and into my two projectors. It has been suggested to me that I can do this in software with a PC and a twin DVI out graphics card. Has anyone done this, and if so what software did you use?

Thanks,

Peter

For this job I am getting the media on Blu Ray 3D. I know very little about blu ray 3D, but I need to find a way to get a stereo image out of it and into my two projectors. It has been suggested to me that I can do this in software with a PC and a twin DVI out graphics card. Has anyone done this, and if so what software did you use?

You can't get it out of a Bluray player itself because there exists no hardware which will demultiplex a 3D HDMI 1.4 signal into two DVI signals. In general such a device would have to be HDCP compliant to be useful which rules out hobbyist built boxes. Such a box would also have to convert the alternative frame + shutter glasses method used by Bluray into a concurrent frames + polarisation method to be usable with two projectors and polarising filters.

If you can get the content off the Bluray or persuade the source to provide it in a sane computer readable format instead then you may be able to use the driver developed by

http://www.iz3d.com/iz3d_output

Along with the same company's media player application to do 'dual view' output. However I've never used anything like this so Your Mileage May Vary.

Archived