bbc work exp?

Hi,

I'm really interested in doing work experience in the lighting industry, and I was looking at applying for work experience at the BBC next year.

Does anyone know anything about it and what are my chances of doing it - anyone here got in? I'd like as much info as possible before I write what I need to to apply...

Thanks,

Ben

I did work ex in the sound department a couple of years ago.

It's a really good laugh: and they chuck you straight in with rigging and cabling.

More importently, the work ex. guys don't make any tea!!!

It took a good 3 months for me to get a reply about mine, but it was really worth it!

Hello everyone! This is my first post! Just found the forum a couple of days ago.

BBC Work Experience: I applied about 5 years ago (when I was 17/18), for lighting/vision mixing (I think). It's probably changed a lot since then, but when I applied was the first time they'd used a new OCR application system, so you had to send your application in in a very specific font/format and the selection process was automated. Very clever... but... didn't work! I put my available dates as the same as the dates they gave that you could do work experience (as per the instructions), but got a reply (about 3 months later!) saying that I hadn't even been considered because the dates that I was available didn't correspond with their dates! Anyway, I phoned them, and was basically told "Sorry, our mistake - but it's tough, because we've already written to the people who got through, so we can't change our minds". Hmm. That kind of put me off applying again...

Not much help, and I'm sure they'll have re-thought their selection procedure by now anyway (or at least made it work properly!), but just thought I'd share!

I went for my tour there today... it seems like a very fun place, to work for doing the get ins and outs should be fun. I would love to work there when im older ;) lucky for me I know contacts there ;) I suppose it is worth applying for.

Archived