Skytec 170.245

zakkyboi

Hey,

I've got a pair of these speakers (Skytec 170.245), after been abused by other people, one of them has got a problem with the tweeter, as all that is coming out is bass, with a bit of mid. I've only managed to get the broken one down at the moment, so until I get the other one down, I can't really swap things over (won't be until end of January).

When I turn it up a lot, it seems to crackle/distortion comes out of the tweeter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Just want to know whether or not its the tweeter, or whether its something to do with the crossover.

Many thanks in advance!

Hey,

I've got a pair of these speakers (Skytec 170.245), after been abused by other people, one of them has got a problem with the tweeter, as all that is coming out is bass, with a bit of mid. I've only managed to get the broken one down at the moment, so until I get the other one down, I can't really swap things over (won't be until end of January).

When I turn it up a lot, it seems to crackle/distortion comes out of the tweeter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Just want to know whether or not its the tweeter, or whether its something to do with the crossover.

Many thanks in advance!

They are Piezo HF units, so I think thats what's gone.

Archived