off the shelf loom cables

crox

I am looking to purchase some off the shelf loom cables (time-frame dictates that it is off the shelf), stereo 1/4" jack to jacks, as well as some XLRm&f to 1/4" stereo jacks.

If money wasn't an object, I would buy some VDC cables and shrink them together, but a) time is against me (I need overnight delivery) and b) I have to be cost sensitive.

I have had a look at a couple of places, Thomann and Dolphin for reference, but I am concerned about delivering it in time (Thomann) and Dolphin don't do loom cables for all the types that I need.

What say the company of Blue Room?

I will probably have to grab some single cables anyhow on top of the looms, but what brands offer good value vs reliability? I have only ever been impressed by VDC and PlanetWaves, but for the purpose, the price is that bit too high!

A friend recently bought a bunch of 12 ways from cpc. Imagine his surprise when cable number 10 was missing and he had a number 13 instead!

We sat for ages wondering if it was incase 10 was read upside down as 01, but 6 was still there so we guessed probably not. We also went as far as thinking of chinese unlucky numbers. In the end I think we settled on it being a manufacturing error when they made way 10!!

But yes, mine have been used all over, and on some decent sized jobs without a single problem.

went with CPC in the end ... so hopefully will have them tomorrow.

Thanks for the others, as hopefully at some stage, these will be upgraded to better versions. I've made sure that there is plenty of redundancy though, so even if a couple do fall over, it isn't the end of the world!

I've never upgraded a piece of cable in my life! I replace faulty and damaged stuff, but the thought of replacing a working bit of wire with a better bit of wire has me wanting to take out a subscription to Hi-Fi monthly or whatever silly magazine audiophiles with golden ears buy!

I've had the cpc's for a few years now. They've stood up well to educational abuse. I don't think you'll need to 'upgrade' from a reliability point of view. Your ears may be better than mine so the upgrade cost might be worth it.

Archived