MagicQ PC Wing Alternatives

lw200293

I am currently part of an organisation that uses MagicQ PC software to run the lighting rig, I have looked into buying a MagicQ Wing but found them to be too expensive. Are there any alternative options to link the software to some sort of hardware of similar nature?? We also use a Behringer Eurolight LC2412, I was thinking that I could somehow link this to MagicQ is this in anyway possible?

Thanks

Given that you can pick up 2nd hand PC wings for ~£700-£900 I'd personally be looking for one of those, if you can find one in the allowed time frame. Also might be worth contacting Chamsys to see if they have any demo/training units they're moving on.

I am currently part of an organisation that uses MagicQ PC software to run the lighting rig, I have looked into buying a MagicQ Wing but found them to be too expensive.

I can understand an individual baulking at the MagicQ hardware prices, I myself have a PC Wing which was a significant investment. However I struggle to see how an organisation can justify the same argument; especially as at that price point there is little else on the market which can come close to the facilities provided by MagicQ and a PC Wing (The Maxi wing is a bit dearer and as such has more competition, but is still good value).

As an avid user of MagicQ I do have a worry that the Chamsys model of free software may ultimately prove unsustainable; then we will all lose out. It's in my interest that Chamsys and MagicQ are financially successful and so continue to support the systems we use.

Have you considered hiring a PC Wing for the duration you actually need or is there a regular weekly use you have in mind?

Rental price is about £60 per week. They are nice and small to go on couriers too. You can pre program to your hearts content and just get the wing for show week?

There are several companies with them in hire. Enlightened Lighting have two PC Wings (and a MQPro100) in hire.

cheers

andrew

I am currently part of an organisation that uses MagicQ PC software to run the lighting rig, I have looked into buying a MagicQ Wing but found them to be too expensive. Are there any alternative options to link the software to some sort of hardware of similar nature?? We also use a Behringer Eurolight LC2412, I was thinking that I could somehow link this to MagicQ is this in anyway possible?

Thanks

Archived