Rose Bruford

Its good to know that people from Rose Bruford are on this site as I have a place offered to me for the Lighting Design course in september. Can you give me an honest opinion of the course as people who are on it. Which years are you all in?

Michael

I'm in the 2nd year of the course. I like it alot, Nick is an very good tutor. The tutors dont "baby feed" you much, they let you learn by doing things, and are always around to give you advice. The course starts off slow but gets better at the end of the first year. If you put in the effort, get on with the years above you, you can end up with alot of stuff to do to keep yoursefl busy!! Also the college technicians are your best freinds DONT annoy them, and be firendly to them, for when you just need that extra 5 minutes at the end of the day beofre they lock-up.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Rose bruford a few years ago. I did the scenic construction course in the first year that the technical department was divided up into individual degrees.

I'm still not entirely convinced that such specific degrees are the way forward as you do miss out on that general understanding of what the other departments get up to, However, I've been in pretty much constant employment since I left Rose Bruford, and I do believe that the Lighting department there has very good links with the industry so go for it. Without wanting to be too cheeesey it will as good as you make it. If you want to work hard (and play hard, just ask Rob who replied to you) it is a good place to go.

Dazza

Archived