D&B C4 Tops

jameskerr87

I'm currently in a venue using 6 D&B C4 tops per side (12 total), we have 1 D12 powering 4 of them, 1 P1200 powering 4 with 2 C4 Top controller modules installed (2 off channel A and 2 off channel B).

Then... here is my question, we have 2 more P1200's with only 1 C4 Top Controller Module fitted to each and these are running 2 C4's off channel A on both. Having looked at the manual, is it possible for me to run 4 C4's off 1 P1200 with only 1 card if I use the channel B output aswell? Looking at the diagram this is perfectly fine but they dont really mention it in the manauls. I see you wont have a level control for the channel B but this is no problem for me.

Anyone have any ideas??

Here is a link to the P1200 manual. Go to page 20 and look at the 'TOP-MONO configuration' this is how our 2 amps are configured

P1200 Manual

CAN I RUN 4 C4's OFF THIS???

Cheers,

James

Hi James

You can do that but you need a Mono Module in slot B. This connects the output of the SlotA controller module into the power amp of channel B. So if your SlotB is totally empty, it is not going to fly.

M

I'm currently in a venue using 6 D&B C4 tops per side (12 total), we have 1 D12 powering 4 of them, 1 P1200 powering 4 with 2 C4 Top controller modules installed (2 off channel A and 2 off channel B).

Then... here is my question, we have 2 more P1200's with only 1 C4 Top Controller Module fitted to each and these are running 2 C4's off channel A on both. Having looked at the manual, is it possible for me to run 4 C4's off 1 P1200 with only 1 card if I use the channel B output aswell? Looking at the diagram this is perfectly fine but they dont really mention it in the manauls. I see you wont have a level control for the channel B but this is no problem for me.

Anyone have any ideas??

Here is a link to the P1200 manual. Go to page 20 and look at the 'TOP-MONO configuration' this is how our 2 amps are configured

P1200 Manual

CAN I RUN 4 C4's OFF THIS???

Cheers,

James

Archived