Vintage Advertising Signs...

Aaron-Hill07

Evening all,

Putting on a production of Guys & Dolls as some of you may know, and pretty much all my set has been organised and built which is good news. However, I'm looking for some vintage signs for the New York Times Square type scenes which will be hung around the auditorium and stage.

I'm looking for signs such as:

Coca Cola,

Diner,

Jack Daniels,

Orpheum Dance Palace,

Bar,

Camel Tobbacos

Hotel

etc etc.

Now, realistically I'm hoping for signs that are odd shapes and sizes so it's a nice variety of things. Anything from the sizes about 75cm x 50cm upwards really, any material is great..

If I don't get anywhere with this, posters mounted on some wooden frames it is!

Thanks a lot guys,

Aaron

Why don't you get some photos of the signs that you want, and then print them onto acetate and OHP them onto some ply, trace and paint them? Then you've made your own signs. You can do this directly onto the set as well if you wanted to and it looks pretty good.

Why don't you get some photos of the signs that you want, and then print them onto acetate and OHP them onto some ply, trace and paint them? Then you've made your own signs. You can do this directly onto the set as well if you wanted to and it looks pretty good.

Good idea BUT at least two of the firms listed by the original poster are extremely hot on copyright infringements, so be careful.

Archived