Tascam CD301 (MKII)

Shaun Foster

My school owns 2 CD301's which usually live in the "Internet radio studio". Both of these have developed a fault where they won't play cd's properly. The display seems to show that the CD is playing, but it sounds like its stuck, or skipping and missing out half of the frames. To start with, turning the unit off and back on again seamed to sort out the problem, but now one does it every time, and the other which has been "fixed" does it occasionally.

Has anyone else had any similar problems and/or any idea what might be causing them?

Any help much appreciated

Shaun

Have they been cleaned recently,

I've fixed a few old CD450's by delicately dusting over the lens with a lint free swab with a whiff of isoprope, or just a quick squirt with canned air.

I don't recognise the CD301 MkII name though, I have a couple of MD301 Mk II's are they similar???

We had a 'Knackered' CD player that was going to be binned. So 3 minutes later, with a quick removal of the casing, dist of the lense the thing was working again. It now sits on the 'test rack', where it recieves a clout if it starts to skip, which usually sorts it out.

Try running a lense cleaning CD thru the units.

Archived