control desk for village hall

topsy100

chaps

I know this has probably been asked many times but whats your opinions on control desks for a village hall. the desk will be controling about 8 led pars and needs to be easy to programme budget about 250 quid..... what do reckon.

chaps

I know this has probably been asked many times but whats your opinions on control desks for a village hall. the desk will be controling about 8 led pars and needs to be easy to programme budget about 250 quid..... what do reckon.

PC software and DMX dongles are the only wayto go with that budget.

unless you go down the root of Disco scanner controllers similar to these which are a pain to programme and very "twitchy" on the faders etc.

Please search the forum also as the topic about this very thing are in abundance.

Save yourself the grilling from the forum and post back if your still stuck

I am also looking for a similar thing but not a laptop as I want sole lighting control. I've concluded on a second hand jester ml once I have the money and I find one

Hi

Agree with Mr Jammy, please try to use the search function!

LED pars is easy - even the earliest of DMX desks will handle them as they are nothing more than dimmer channels.

You could try to look on usedlighting - plenty of bargains to be had and if you ring them they'll be able to help you.

One last thing - if anyone offers you something called a Masterpiece you are to RUN AWAY, very quickly.

All the best

Timmeh

Archived