Sennheiser SK100 G1 beltpack locked frequency prob

grantr22

Hi all, I've visited this forum many times over the years but this is the first time I've posted.

I have several of the above (and SK300s and SK500s all G1) but one of them is different to any other that I've ever seen as it's restricted to the licence-free section of band E. It can't be tuned below 863.000 or above 865.000 whereas all other packs that I own and have ever used can be tuned to anywhere in band E (838 - 870MHz).

There's nothing in the instruction manual beyond the spec statement of "1280 tunable frequencies in 25kHz steps" (which is clearly incorrect for this particular pack which has only 80). I've googled it to death and found nothing, and on speaking to Sennheiser they said these units are so old they don't support them now (gee thanks).

I'm hoping there's some sort of secret button-press sequence to unlock it? Any ideas or information greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grant

A friend of mine has some systems with a similar problem - I seem to recall that Sennheiser told him the change was permanent.

Maybe they predicted the upcoming frequency debarcle and programmed them to start doing that when the times comes... </conspiracy theory>

Dim and distant memory says there was a hidden menu, accessed by something like holding the up and down while powering up. Can't swear to that, but I think it was posted on here a long time ago, but I can't find it.

P

I share your dim and distant memory.

This message about EW100 system here seems to indicate that a similar function existed for those units. Sadly, in your case, it suggests that limiting the frequencies was not a process you could undo. Reading the posting a bit closer, what it actually says is that the poster didn't know how to undo it, not that it isn't possible.

Might be worth trying the button combinations mentioned (holding down UP+DOWN, whilst turning on) to possibly reset the EEPROM. Beware though, the poster is only guessing that's what the button combination is meant to be doing, and these instructions are not specifically for an SK100.

Cheers,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies and information everyone, sorry it took me so long to post again but having done my first post with email notification selected, and having not received any email from the forum, I assumed no-one had replied. Not sure what happened there....

I'm not at home at the moment but I'll try the suggestions when I can and report back.

Thanks again

Archived