Lighting/Snow Effect

lampieman

Hi, I have a show coming up that want Snow Effects but not from a Snow Machine, but projected via Lighting, I have been looking into the option of buying a DHA or Similar Rotator and buying a Animation disk, does any look like falling snow?

Or is there anyother ideas of how I can acheive this effect.

One of the Russian ballet shows (Moscow City Ballet?) uses 2x Tocatta EPs FOH with appriopate VSFX disks. I've always thought it's looked effective the twice I've seen it been used now, you just have to make sure it's focussed correctly, and the overall state is quite low for it to show up.

Anyway just one of the many ideas you could use.

Stu

Hi, I have a show coming up that want Snow Effects but not from a Snow Machine, but projected via Lighting, I have been looking into the option of buying a DHA or Similar Rotator and buying a Animation disk, does any look like falling snow?

Or is there anyother ideas of how I can acheive this effect.

A (more expensive) alternative is a P252/cadenza/tocata/WL effects projector with a snow disc, or preferably two or three of them.

shane

Looking at the DHA site (here) you could get Disk 13 to go on the animation wheel, then add in DHA884 (snow gobo) in the profile to get the required effect.

Not saying this work 100% but those two in a combo would be the first thing I'd try, and then build on from there if needs be.

Trick here is to have a nice profile or two to do it with. Perhaps consider hiring 2x Source Fours or something.

Anyway just my 2p.

Cheers,

Stu

Archived