stage managers desk clock

Hi all,

We are building a stage managers desk for a school, and cannot find a supplier for an led display clock.. any ideas... we only need a budget one - not something that is in the hundreds - (have tried canford..)

We are based in Australia, but can buy from anywhere......

Thanks

I bought one of these, one that I built into our prompt desk (albeit with a bit of modification to the lower 'stand' section). No built in time, but it does tell you the date and temperature at prompt corner! ;)

The fact that it has batteries in it is especially useful, as it means we can turn the desk off, and it will still keep time, whereas when you turn the desk on, it gets lovely and bright.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not cheap, but we use LED countdown systems made by Interspace Industries (the guys who make Master Cue point point cues).

We have all sorts of countdown screens for showcalling, which are available for hire or you can buy them direct, but they are a bit costly...

www.designservices.co.uk

• 1 month later...

I did this in a couple of ways.

First, you can write a program to do it using Visual Basic. This is good if you have a laptop or computer available. Second, I used a PIC microcontroler and a 4 line x 20 charecter LCD. It would time each scene as you stoped and started it and hold them in memory. You could then scan through each scene after the show and read ou the times. It can also time the scene changes an intervals seperatly. It would also add the scenes, changes and intervals together and the give the timing for the whole show. It can record 8 complete performances of 30 scenes.

I did have all the programming details, but I dont know where they are now. I will have to look.

Daniel.

Archived