Cheap Timber supplier

richard

Anyone know of a good, cheap timber supplier in or near London for around 200 sheets of class 1 ply, chepest so far is around £9 a sheet, but I can find it for around £5 in Liverpool - which is obviously a better price!!

Thanks

Richard

Anyone know of a good, cheap timber supplier in or near London for around 200 sheets of class 1 ply, chepest so far is around £9 a sheet, but I can find it for around £5 in Liverpool - which is obviously a better price!!

Can't answer your question, but that's a hell of a difference!!

For a quantity of 200 sheets, that's a difference of £800 - surely that's enough to justify sticking them onto a wagon and getting them down from Liverpool?

£5 per board is bloody cheap - but remember that things cost more down south due to higher overheads etc

edens who I think are particualarly cheap on certain products do class 1 ply for £7.30 a sheet based on a pallet, and they have a kent branch but you would still have to have a pallet and a bit delivered

a pallet is about 170 sheets, and don't quote me on this but I would imagine that one of the freight hauliers would charge about £140 for delivery of a pallet of 8x4 boards so if you can get it at £5 then it would be worth getting it delivered

paul

Archived